Oh well, I enjoyed seeing all of the people that loved to sit outside and in the lobby panic, the "loiterers." It was if their right to breath or be anything like that had been taken away or restricted. Regular Rosa Parks, I heard them say that they were going to sit in the lobby if they wanted to! "There are chairs and couches in there for a reason!" I heard all of this brave talk on the way back to Jon's room, but when he and I were on our way to dry his marching shirt there was no one to be found in the lobby except the RA and a campus police officer.
After we paid $1.25 just to dry one shirt for 60 minutes in the basement, we went back upstairs and back to our hallway on the second floor and heard so many big talkers about how they were going to take this to the president and whatnot. It's funny to hear how upset people get about something as simple as don't congregate in the lobby when there is a room just on the other side of the glass for sitting and socializing. I can understand the smoking thing, it's a little outrageous, but if I want to hang out with friends- I'd invite them back to my room.
In the very few days that I've been here and I've visited the bathroom I've been suprised by an unsightly, smelly mess waiting for me in at least two of the four stalls. That is just gross and scary as far as the diet of owners' go. My friend Lauren and I have discussed this after watching BBC America's 'You Are What You Eat,' where they discuss your diet and whatnot and how it affects your 'poo.' The other problem with the dorm bathrooms is that people keep leaving stuff in the showers: soap, shampoo, boxers, toothbrush, etc. On Monday, when my roommate's mother was moving his stuff in she was discussing her discuss with what she'd heard from the housekeeper. Apparently, someone had thrown-up in the bathroom (all over the place?). I noticed that she was hosing off the floor when I went in there and she told me that it was closed.
This morning I noticed a letter on the door of the bathroom (much needed and probably ineffective). To me I would assume that you are in college, why not act like it, but who knows?
When we went to the Olive Garden the other day we stopped at Old Navy before hand to get me some tasteful shower shoes. Check these hot things out!
This is my glamorous shower caddy that my BFF Lauren helped me put together.

1 comment:
I remember the days of finding lovely things in the toilet, and all the shower stuff left behind...I don't miss those things! Very nice shower shoes and shower caddy!
Post a Comment