Monday, August 25, 2008

What a difference a few hours makes...

I wrote this in two parts. I was intended to be split up like that; it was supposed to be one of those 'I'll finish after lunch and what not.' Well, after lunch it changed the tone and the whole story.

Part One: Don't pinch me I want to dream a little longer...
I don't have too much to type about because I moved in to the dorm on the 22nd (Friday), but I came back that night to finish up some things and what not. Now that I'm here this morning, I'm bored.

So, I took some more pictures of my room. I was supposed to have a roommate, but he never showed up on Friday. According to the email I was sent, if you do not check-in by 7 o'clock you loose your spot. Needless to say, I don't have a roommate. I don't think I'll get one because there is still an empty room down the hall and Jon also has no roommate.

Here are some of the pictures of my room:
This is the view from the end of my bed, desk, TV, and closet.

My bed (of course), the air condition, my night stand, and the refrigerator. Suprisingly the bed is really comfortable. The bed has draws underneath it too!

How inviting!

Part 2: After the rain had fallen...
I went to lunch at the Olive Garden in Oxford to see where it was how long it would take and what not. Before I'd left I was watching the weather and saw that, basically, it was going to rain all day and week. Jon went with me to have lunch and as we were getting ready to leave the server asked if we were sure we wanted to leave at that point as she motioned towards the window. It was raining so hard that you couldn't even make out the cars in the parking lot. She told us that there was a tornado warning for that area. We decided to just drive across the street to Pet Smart and kill some time.

I ran to the car and got a shower with my clothes on and picked up Jon at the door while he held my to-go boxes (I had to keep them the safest and somewhat dry= snacks for later).

This Pet Smart has a turtle I want!

Come to find out from some of Jon's friends from his section that the tornado warning had moved to Jacksonville and everyone was moved to the basement of the dorm. Foreshadowing?

I dropped Jon off at the building they were practicing in and went back to the dorm and found someone's stuff in there. *heart break* Here I had dreams of staying alone in my room until the roommate swap day, but no, here were someone else's things in MY ROOM! I had this room first!

I was in my room by myself collecting myself together (j/k) and I heard a knock at the door and it was my roommate's mother. She seemed very nice, but it was kinda awkward being in there alone after I had been eying this guys belonging trying to get an idea of what kind of temporary roommate I'd have to put up with. I left after a little bit to go price some books and make a few frantic (not really) phone calls.

I came back to the room and she was still helping set up his room while he was in band practice. She mentioned that she had his computer chair at the bottom of the stairs and a few other things in the car and then she'd be done for a while. I carried the chair upstairs for her because she was very nice and so am I (tee-hee).

On Jon's dinner break we went to Wal-Mart to get some groceries and whatnot. When we got back the room looked to be settled in (she forgot to lock the door though). Again, I heard a knock on the door and a twist of the key after I had gotten settled in. She was back with a few more things and told me his father was coming to help finish. (I think I met just about all of his family)
This is not my stuff.

We'll see how it goes...

2 comments:

Liza said...

Yay for blogs!

So who is going to move, you or Jon?

vincevan1985 said...

I am going to move to Jon's room because he still doesn't have a roommate. Also, my room is at the top of the stairs and above the main entrance where all the freshmeat and rednecks like congrigate around 11-12:30. Before the late hours they are lobby rats.

It's worth moving rooms for that reason. The added bonus is that Jon's room is close to the bathroom.